Thursday, September 20, 2007

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Chrishaley shutting the hell up!

So this is it? The first blog? I can't believe I'm doing this.

First off, I am incredibly ill right now. Honestly, I think Chrishaley gave me whatever he had. Which means I probably deserved it.

It's funny how I obsess over some things obsessively, only to have them fall off the map rapidly. Such is the case with bands. I've always been the kind of person to pick up a band and scour their catalogue to the ends of their B-Sides, only to put them aside at a random point in time, replaced by yet another. This is probably why I have over a thousand albums. They don't go to waste, however. I do go back and listen to said bands just for reference and nostalgia.

One of these bands that never fell off is Montreal's the Dears. I seriously can (and on several occasions do) listen to them all day every day. I was searching the bowels of YouTube for crappy live footage and ran across a video I've never seen for a song called "The End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story". No one cares probably, but this was exciting stuff for me. The video has a very dizzying feeling, seeing as the point that was being put across was Murray Lightburn getting very very drunk. The effect is an A+, as the video is pretty hard to watch at times. I took an Advil. Here it is in all its glory:




Oh Murray, your sunshiny personality is an inspiration to me.

I'm also hopped up on all sorts of medication right now, so I really hope I didn't fuck my Mythology test up too much tonight. Argh.

<3,
-Seansy

4 comments:

chrishaley said...

My way of thanking you for all the STDs.

Sean George said...

Awww, you're welcome!

april said...

burn me their cd, plz. k thx bai!

Sean George said...

My pleasure!